To apply for any Undergraduate Degree, you need to submit your application through VTAC, even if you are over 23, are a non-school leaver or have completed some study at another university.

When to Apply

VTAC applications open around May (Mid-Year) and August each year.

How: Steps to Applying

  1. Select an Undergraduate Degree
  2. Apply through VTAC
  3. Submit your SEAS form through VTAC.
  4. Category 1 enables you to be recognised as an Indigenous Australian however you should apply for as many categories as apply to your circumstances.

    By submitting a Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) form via VTAC Indigenous applicants will be considered for the Access Melbourne program.

  5. Email your confirmation document to Murrup Barak – Murrup Barak staff will get in contact once you’ve submitted your application. There’s more here about the confirmation process here.

Important: SEAS applications close before VTAC applications close. If you submit your VTAC application after SEAS closes, it’s a good idea to submit a personal statement outlining any of the SEAS requirements and you many still be considered for Access Melbourne.

Apply for Accommodation

You will need to apply for University Accommodation separate to your undergraduate degree. Follow the link at the bottom of the page or you can skip ahead to here.


We've created a quick overview of the types of ABSTUDY available to students throughout which you can view by follow the link at the bottom of the page or here. It's a good idea to check with Centrelink about your ABSTUDY eligibility early on as well as on-going as your eligibility may change.


In addition to being considered for an Access Melbourne Scholarship and

There are a huge number of scholarships available. Visit the central scholarship page and individual faculty page's to see what's available and to apply.

Orientation: The Dhumbali Camp

Just before O-Week at the University of Melbourne in February, all commencing undergraduate students are invited to the three day Murrup Barak Orientation: Dhumbali Camp. During the camp, you'll get to know the other commencing Indigenous students and the Murrup Barak staff. You'll also get to spend some time figuring out the campus and your classes. There's no need to apply for the camp, the Student Success Team will contact you after you've been offered a place at the University and let you know the details.


We are here to help: (03) 8344 4295, or submit an inquiry here and a team member will get back to you


We've created a quick overview of the types of ABSTUDY available to students throughout their undergraduate and graduate journey.