There are University scholarships for many situations, including guaranteed scholarships for Indigenous students.
Every Indigenous student that accepts an offer for undergraduate degree at the University of Melbourne will be guaranteed a Melbourne Access Scholarship valued at $5,000 per year for the standard duration of their undergraduate scholarship.
In addition, students who are eligible to receive an Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarship will be considered for:
* an Indigenous Education Cost (ICECS) scholarship valued at $3,000 per year for up to four years, and
* an Indigenous Accommodation Cost Scholarship (ICAS) valued at:
* $2,000 per year for up to four years for students who will relocate to Melbourne from within Victoria
*$4,000 per year for up to four years for student who will relocate to Melbourne from outside Victoria
Melbourne Chancellors Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to talented students in recognition of their outstanding academic achievement during their Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate (IB).
The scholarships provides
- Living allowance for up to three years with a value of:
- $5,000 per year for students who studied in Victoria
- $10,000 per year for students who studied outside Victoria
- Melbourne Global Scholars Award of up to $2,500 for an approved period of overseas study as an Exchange or Study Abroad student
The main eligibility criteria are:
- not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a Year 12 program, and
- satisfy the prerequisites for a University of Melbourne course and:
- be of Indigenous Australian descent and have achieved an ATAR of at least 90
There are many other scholarships available at the University, including Indigenous specific scholarships and faculty based scholarships. Find out more here