The University of Melbourne offers more than a place to live with on-campus accommodation, you can experience all university life has to offer including social events and academic support.

Murrup Barak can support you to apply for on-campus accommodation which includes residential colleges and student accommodation affiliated with the University.

As an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person studying at the University, you may be eligible for a secured spot in accommodation and financial help. We recommend to let us know if you are planning to live on-campus when you apply to the University.

Our Outreach team can also provide you with information about on-campus living if you are interested.

Residential colleges

There are ten residential colleges at the University of Melbourne.

The colleges vary in size with most offering a single furnished room including shared bathroom and laundry facilities, common areas, and study spaces.

All colleges at the University of Melbourne provide three meals a day.

Each college has its own culture and benefits. Take some time to explore each college to work out which is best for you.

Want to live at a residential college?

To apply to live at a residential college, complete the form on the online application portal.

Only complete one application, listing all colleges by order of preference.

International HouseJanet Clarke Hall
Medley HallNewman College
Ormond CollegeQueen's College
St Hilda's CollegeSt Mary's College
Trinity CollegeUniversity College

University accommodation

There are five university accommodation options.

University accommodation offers more independent living with fully self-contained studio apartments or shared apartments with communal amenities.

Like residential colleges, there are social activities and wellbeing support from specialised staff.

Unlike residential colleges, university accommodation does not provide food.

Want to live at university accommodation?

To apply to live in university accommodation, complete form on the the online application portal.

Complete one application and list the options by preference.

Little HallLisa Bellear House
University ApartmentsUniLodge Lincoln House
The Lofts at Melbourne Connect (graduate only)