Our values clarify and guide the way we operate and how we invite others to engage and work with us. Our six values described below reflect what is important to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander lives, attitudes and behaviours. Our diverse community includes our staff and the students who access our services. It is our expectation that all community members will uphold these values to foster respectful relationships.
- Humility encourages curiosity and openness to new ideas.
- Commitment to our words and actions determines our success.
- Accountability towards our communities with students and colleagues; those who went before us and will come after.
- Respect is the foundation of all healthy relationships, cultivating trust, safety and wellbeing.
- Reciprocity acknowledges the sharing of knowledge between our community members and its importance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander society.
- Unity recognises the diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, while promoting the importance of solidarity.
We support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples who are studying or considering study at university.
At Murrup Barak, we aim to support students in line with strategies and policies of the University.
Get in touch with us to learn more about studying and research at the University.