Becoming an ITAS tutor
We welcome current students, alumni and people in the community to become an ITAS tutor for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cohort in a range of disciplines and across undergraduate and graduate courses.
To become a tutor, you must:
- be qualified in a relevant discipline, trade, or profession
- be eligible to work in Australia
- have a current Victorian Employee Working with Children Check.
You can be a current student and be an ITAS tutor as long as you have a good academic record in the subjects you would like to tutor. There will be other criteria you’ll need to meet from the ITAS Coordinator.
You cannot be a tutor if you:
- are the immediate teacher or lecturer of the student you’re tutoring
- are a member of the potential student’s immediate or de facto family
- have a business or employment relationship with the student.
Apply to be an ITAS tutor
To apply to become a tutor, complete the ITAS Expression of Interest form and attach your resume and academic transcript.
If we match you with a student, the University will employ you in a paid position as a casual tutor.